COVID 19 Update! We are now offering Phone Consultations for all matters during Covid-19 Pandemic.

Child Support

What to do if the opposing party refuses to pay child support?

Child support can bring many issues along with it, and after a divorce and custody battle can be one of the last remaining challenges in the process. If you have already retained a lawyer earlier in the process, they will explain the implications of child support. Still, if the issue arises a period of time after the rest of the proceedings have concluded, you may need to begin searching for a new one.

At the Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom, you will find the knowledge and services you need to ensure that any child support matter you need assistance with will be taken care of. Mr. Bloom will assist in altering the amount of child support, bringing in the child’s other parent if they fail to pay or to pay the correct amount, or any other matters that might be stopping you from getting the total amount as designated by the judge.

There may be extenuating circumstances present in your situation. Still, with the diligent and detail-oriented care provided by Jeffrey M. Bloom, you can rest assured that everything that can be done to get you the support you are entitled to will be done.

A New Jersey Child Support Lawyer will be able to help you get child support by guiding you through the initial determination process and sticking around to assist if the opposing party either refuses to pay or does not pay the correct amount. The child support proceedings can be very complex, especially in West New York, NJ, and having a lawyer by your side will help you navigate the process and communicate with the court systems at every juncture.

If the party supposed to be paying child support is overseas and unreachable, there still may be a path to receiving support. With the help of a skilled Child Support Attorney, you will find resources. The United States has avenues available for you to receive the benefits you need and has established agreements with 26 other countries around the world. This means that if the other party has left the country and resides in one of those 26 countries, your lawyer will be able to help you bring a new case against them, and they will still be obligated to support you and their child.

If the circumstances of your life have changed after the amount of determination for child support, there are ways to have it modified. Contact a Child Support Modification Attorney as soon as possible to begin the process. They will be able to examine your situation, and if you qualify for a modification, they will assist you in re-entering the court and making a motion to modify the support. Changes that may warrant this could be a change in income, a significant life event, or a new job.

For any questions or concerns you may have about child support in West New York, NJ, the first step is contacting a lawyer. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom, we will work diligently to explain the options available to you and help you receive the child support you are awed. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to discuss the details of your unique circumstances.

Text Us
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U