COVID 19 Update! We are now offering Phone Consultations for all matters during Covid-19 Pandemic.

Make Changes To Your Divorce Agreement

Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom | West New York

Talk with Divorce Lawyer Jeffrey M. Bloom

After a divorce is finalized, ex-spouses often stay in each other’s lives. This is especially true when children are involved. It comes as a surprise to many people that they may be in family court nearly as often after the divorce as before. The former spouses often need court assistance to deal with important issues that affect support and children. Some of the matters raised are merely a reflection of one spouse’s desire to remain in the other’s life. At the New Jersey Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom, we counsel men and women on how best to resolve post-judgment problems, helping them focus on real problems that need a solution.

Bloom Law Office, West New York

Modifying a Divorce Decree

The most common post-divorce matters involve child support, alimony, parenting time, and relocation.  Such moves may be resolved between the parties, but often require the assistance of the Court.


We also represent ex-spouses in motions related to child support or alimony triggered by changes in circumstances and nonpayment. This is the most frequent type of issue raised post-judgment. However, our law office can handle any type of request for modification allowed by New Jersey law.


Contact attorney Jeffrey M. Bloom to learn more about modifications and enforcement.

Bloom Law Office, West New York

What Causes a Divorce Modification

Motions to modify support and alimony orders arise from circumstances such as:

  • A new job with a larger or smaller salary
  • A layoff
  • New special needs of a child
  • A health problem or disability
  • Remarriage of one of the ex-spouses
  • Advanced education needs


Our New Jersey family law office also helps people with enforcement of orders. We advise clients on the possibility of succeeding with their proposed motion. For example, a parent who wishes to enforce a visitation schedule because the child was returned a few minutes late may find the judge to be unsympathetic. However, the client may have other issues that need to be pursued. When someone visits our law office to discuss an enforcement matter, we explore the situation fully and counsel them on their best course of action.

Contact a Hudson or Bergen County, New Jersey Modification Attorney

To learn more about the circumstances that should prompt a motion for modification of a court order, contact a family law attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom in West New York. We have been helping people devise solutions to sensitive and difficult legal problems since 1988, serving north Jersey communities such as Ridgewood, and Fort Lee. Call (855) 208-3650.

Text Us
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U