Contact Our Office At (855) 208-3650 For A Free Phone Consultation


Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

Offices in West New York

New Jersey Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer

Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom | West New York

Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

Grandparents in New Jersey have rights. The law allows them to petition for visitation and contact with a grandchild if that would be in the child’s best interests. The lawyer at our northern New Jersey law office, Jeffrey M. Bloom, represents grandparents in such proceedings. We have also acted for parents trying to block a grandparent’s access to his or her grandchildren. In either case, we offer honest advice about the possibility of success. To learn more about grandparents’ rights, contact our West New York attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom.

Grandparents' Rights AttorneyThe Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom has also been involved with both sides in matters involving a parent who is unable to provide adequate care because of substance abuse or other problems. It is not uncommon for a grandparent to step forward to take custody of the children. When this is done informally, the mother or father may institute proceedings to have the children returned. Although such matters are messy, sensitive, and challenging, our lawyer stays focused on the best interests of the children involved and advises our clients to do the same.


New Jersey also provides for brothers and sisters to file the same type of petition as grandparents. In either case, the court considers factors such as:

  • The relationship between the child and the applicant
  • The last time the applicant and child had contact
  • The child custody arrangements, and how contact with the applicant will affect the relationship between the child and the person with whom the child resides
  • The applicant’s physical, emotional or sexual status

Contact Jeffrey M. Bloom For A Consultation

To learn more about sibling rights and grandparents’ rights, contact our North Jersey law office. We have been helping clients with difficult matters since 1988, and have the experience, knowledge, and sensitivity to help you. Call (855) 208-3650 today. We help people in West New York, Hudson County, Bergen County and throughout the state of New Jersey.

Text Us
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U