19 Jan Types of injuries covered under New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law
Posted at 05:42h in Workers' Comp
Workers’ compensation insurance covers employees who were injured in workplace accidents and those who developed work-related illnesses or conditions. In fact, a variety of injuries falls under workers’ compensation including job site/construction accidents, trade injuries, motor vehicle accidents, faulty equipment, fatal workplace accidents, slip and falls, and more.
Here are a few types of injuries covered under New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law:
- Repetitive motion injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis from performing the same motion repeatedly. We often see people with overuse injuries from repeated lifting or spending long hours keyboarding.
- Occupational exposure to toxins, from asbestos to cancer-causing chemicals. These diseases can take decades to develop. But if work-related exposure caused your condition, workers’ compensation should cover your medical care.
- Neck and back injuries, from whiplash to herniated discs to spinal cord injuries
- Aggravation of pre-existing conditions to the point where you can no longer perform the duties of your job.
- Respiratory injuries, including cancer, asthma, asthmatic bronchitis, COPD, reactive airwaves disease (RAD), asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, and other pulmonary conditions and lung diseases
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), also known as complex regional pain syndrome
- Physical injuries that lead to psychological conditions
- Closed head injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and post-concussion syndrome
- Other injuries, such as shoulder injuries, rotator cuff injuries, fusions, joint problems, amputations, as well as secondary problems such as peripheral nerve injuries.
Contact Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jeffrey M. Bloom
The Law Offices of Jeffrey M. Bloom is happy to talk with you about your particular situation and help you understand New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Law. Please call our office to schedule a consultation today – (855) 208-3650.