COVID 19 Update! We are now offering Phone Consultations for all matters during Covid-19 Pandemic.

Getting a New Job and Moving Your Child out of State

Getting a New Job and Moving Your Child out of State | Bloom Law Office

Getting a New Job and Moving Your Child out of State

No matter how civil or messy your co-parenting agreement is, many parents worry when they’re offered a promotion or dream job out of state. Bloom Law Office specializes in modifying custody agreements and has worked with parents to customize a variety of agreements. Although the best interest of the child always comes first, that doesn’t mean you have to put your career on hold.

If you were divorced or created a custody agreement when the child was very young, that means up to 18 years of legally being bound to your co-parent. That’s a long time to tie your career to a certain area geographically. Some parents are wary of job searching outside of their city or state, but there’s no need to be.

Why Child Custody Agreements Get Modified

Child custody agreements were designed to be regularly re-visited and modified for a number of reasons. Sometimes life takes you to a new place. Sometimes there are health issues, new marriages, or other factors that require custody modifications. However, it’s always a good idea to trust a child visitation lawyer to help with modifications in order to keep the peace and ensure the child’s interests are upheld.

When one parent moves out of state, changes to the agreement have to be made. You’ll likely no longer have weekends with your child. Instead, the parent who moves out of state usually enjoys fewer but longer stretches of time with their child—summers and some long holiday breaks are common.

In other cases, bigger changes are made. Maybe the parent who is moving currently has the child weekdays and manages the school days. This arrangement may switch, especially if the parents don’t want to take the child out of their current school at this time.

Get Help With Child Custody Issues at Bloom Law Office

Trying to modify child custody agreements yourself can get messy. Before even broaching the subject with your co-parent, it’s a good idea to get in touch with Bloom Law Office so you have a skilled third party ready to represent you.

Text Us
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U